Il Castello di San Michele
20 beds | Single rooms: n ° 2 | Double rooms: n ° 6 | Triple rooms: n ° 2 |
Bathrooms: n ° 6
Time seems to stand still inside the rooms and the corridors of Castel San Michele. The Palace dates back to 1164 and was founded by Piero da Mugnano, from which the town originally took the name of Castel di Piero (Piero’s castle). Such as an island overlooking the Badlands valley, the castle can only be reached through a stone bridge, once a drawbridge.
The ancient palace was destroyed in 1523 in punishment and retaliation towards the new owners, the Baglioni family. It was later rebuilt by Count Alberto Baglioni on the foundations of the old palace, parallel to the adjacent Church of St Michael the Archangel. The Baglionis, descendants of the important Baglioni family from Perugia, owned the palace and the entire city of Castel di Piero during the city’s most glorious period. It was the Countess Virginia Baglioni who decided to build the balcony overlooking the main door and the terrace. Here,there is still her name engraved in a stone.
Staying in the Castle will make you feel like reliving the 600 years’story of San Michele village, among princes and princesses, important aristocratic families and power struggles. All within the setting of a place which has kept its authentic charm intact.
Check-in e Check-out: